If you’ve been browsing food blogs lately, you must have come across these delicious brownies called slutty brownies. Why slutty? I don’t know, I didn’t name them that, but I do know that these are absolutely yummy! A layer of chocolate chip cookie on the bottom with an Oreo cookie in the middle topped with a gooey chewy brownie. When I first came across these, all I wanted to know was how to make these slutty brownies without having to use a brownie or a cookie mix. Most of the recipes I came across online were all made from mixes. I don’t do mixes (unless I guess in a state of emergency), so I had to find recipes from scratch that baked well together. You can most definitely used boxed mixes for this slutty brownie recipe if you don’t want to spend too much time on it. Just follow the directions on the box. I’ve made this recipe before for a potluck in December last year. It was for a Christmas potluck, therefore the snowflakes.
Back then, I hated how the Oreo cookies did not soften at all. This time around, I made sure to dip the cookies in milk before I put them on my cookie base. If you want that crunch in your slutty brownies, then skip this step in your recipe. To make the cookie base from scratch for these slutty brownies, I used my chocolate chip cookies recipe. I had to make the entire recipe in order to cover an 8” x 8” pan. Before you start, make sure to grease and line your pan with a parchment paper.
Dip your Oreo cookies in milk and place them on the cookie base.
Remember to not leave your cookies in the milk for more than 5 seconds or it will get all mushy and hard to handle. Continue to place the Oreos on the cookie dough until it is completely covered.
Set aside. You have successfully completed 2/3 rd of your way in following this slutty brownie recipe Now prepare your brownie batter. In a saucepan, melt butter with chocolate chips on a low heat.
Once melted, add in sugar and vanilla extract.
Mix completely. Take it off the heat and allow it to cool slightly. Once cool to touch, add in the egg and mix well.
Next, add in light corn syrup. This adds elasticity to the batter resulting in a chewy brownie.
I used the crown brand because that is what I found at my local grocery store, but you can use any brand you like. Set your chocolate mixture aside. In a separate bowl, mix all purpose flour and baking powder.
Add in the chocolate mixture to your dry ingredients.
Mmmmm look at all that chocolaty goodness! <3
Mix until the brownie batter is smooth and completely free of any lumps. Pour this brownie batter over your slutty brownie chocolate chip cookie and Oreo cookie base.
Cover the cookie base completely.
Tap the pan on the counter to ensure even distribution of the brownie batter. Bake at 350F for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely before attempting to cut it or it will result in one hot gooey mess! Here they are! Homemade slutty brownies made from scratch!
Check out those delicious layers!
Brownie recipe adapted from Joy of Cooking
- 1 batch Chocolate Chip Cookie dough
- 12 Oreo Cookies
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup semisweet Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 2/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Prepare the chocolate chip cookie dough. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and line an 8” x 8” pan with parchment paper.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Dip one side of the Oreo cookies in milk for about 5 seconds, get rid of excess milk and flip them onto the other side to layer them over the cookie dough base.
- To make the brownies: In a medium saucepan on a low heat, melt together butter and chocolate chips.
- Add in sugar and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the eggs.
- Add in the corn syrup and stir well until all the ingredients are well incorporated. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all purpose flour and baking powder.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well until smooth and free of any lumps.
- Pour the brownie batter over the chocolate chip cookie base. Tap the pan slightly on the counter to make sure it has spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a cake tester inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.
Brownie recipe adapted from Joy of Cooking